Hello

Adam

Good morning fisherpeople,

I finally convinced my wife to let me get away on Wednesday nights to join your wayward group. This was especially tough since we just had a little boy 10 weeks ago.

I have posted a few times on your board and am a frequent lurker. Last year was my first year fly fishing, and I am now addicted. I’m really excited to try my hand at tying flies.

I am curious what I need to bring to your fly tying meetings, especially the first few meetings until I figure out what I need to purchase?

I was given an old box that looks like an introductory fly tying kit from the ‘70s. It does have a few odds and ends and a few bits of material.

Other than spending time with my wife and new son, I try and get away and spend some time ice fishing in the winter, and dreaming about getting back to Prairie Creek (and nightmares about the willows at Stauffer) in the spring.

Looking forward to meeting everyone next week.

See ya

Adam

Hey Adam. Although I don't get out to very many meetings, the folks at NLFT&F's are simply awesome. Not overly clicky, very helpful and friendly. I think you'll really enjoy your time at the club. Hope to see you there sometime.

Cheers,

Doc

Adam:

Welcome aboard!

We'll be more than happy to see you on Wednesdays. Bring along the old kit and we can assess what is still usable, what needs to be replaced and what needs to be added (in the short term that is). I normally recommend that you buy materials, hooks etc as you learn and tie specific patterns. Of course for the addicted, that is a never ending process. If you stick with it you'll eventually end up with a whole load of what my wife calls "dead animal parts", so the initial selection isn't critical. In fact, for the beginner sessions, which are held every other week, I usually supply the material for the night's pattern with a bit extra for you to try at home.

Of course we aren't just a tying club. We cover all sorts of fishing topics during the year. Next week is survival equipment for the outdoorsman and the last week of the month I'll be helping Scratch show how to make furled leaders.

So even if you don't have stuff to bring along, just bring yourself and meet the crew.

Dave

Bah Humbug!!!

My wife has an appointment tonight, and I need to be home to watch our little guy.

I was looking forward to meeting some of you folks tonight, but it will have to wait until next week.

See ya

Adam