Membership

KuchCanoe

Howdy

Just wondering, now that I've invaded your forums I think I should probably join your organization as well haha.. On that note, I noticed that next week your meeting is actually your AGM, so probably not the most practical time to enroll.

Next, I was wondering about the beginner tying sessions, is there an extra charge on top of membership for this? (poor student talking :curse: ). In addition, I have all the tools, but some of the materials for that weeks instructional fly I may not have so what happens there? besides me buying it as soon as I learn what they are haha

thanks for your help all

Howdy

Just wondering, now that I've invaded your forums I think I should probably join your organization as well haha.. On that note, I noticed that next week your meeting is actually your AGM, so probably not the most practical time to enroll.

Next, I was wondering about the beginner tying sessions, is there an extra charge on top of membership for this? (poor student talking :curse: ). In addition, I have all the tools, but some of the materials for that weeks instructional fly I may not have so what happens there? besides me buying it as soon as I learn what they are haha

thanks for your help all

After 4,000+ posts and infesting the board, I should probably join sometime soon. =)

Heck the AGM is the best meeting of the year. You should definitely attend... I may even help out with Dave on the beginner course the week after on tying up some silly pattern called an RBE. Nope, no charge on top... you just have to sit and listen to Dave.

Hope to see you at the tying table soon, and welcome aboard.

Kuch:

Yeah the AGM is a pretty routine deal.

Don't let that discourage you though, it's not too tedious.

The various reports will be short and give you an idea of club activities. :motz:

It's also a good chance to meet a bunch of active members. :stooges:

You can also buy your ticket to the Morris and Hafele Seminar.

As for the biweekly beginner's tying, no, there is no extra charge.

Numbers range from three to about half dozen people,

so I usually have enough material for you to tie one or two of the specific pattern.

The RBE is actually a Ranger Bob (Lance) creation,

so since he's offered, you will learn from the master :bruce_h4h:

and not have to listen to Grasshopper that week. :bow:

The RBE is actually a Ranger Bob (Lance) creation,

so since he's offered, you will learn from the master :bruce_h4h:

and not have to listen to Grasshopper that week. :bow:

Hmm... on second thought now.. I may have to charge. Oh wait.. been there done that DVD. =)

Posted Image

http://flyangler.ca/index.php?option=com_c...7&Itemid=55

I was tying some Size 18 RBE's last night. I stoped at Size 20.. that was just insane.. but through a fluke I managed to come up with a new foam wing technique, that I am not about to share yet until field tested. =)

Posted Image

http://flyangler.ca/index.php?option=com_c...1&Itemid=32

• 2 weeks later...

Well folks, looks like I won't be able to join up for a while now as it turns out. Started personal training at World Health Club, so I've acquired some pretty random hours there, which isn't very conducive to regular meeting attendance. However, on the flip side if any of you are interested in some PT, we can always talk fishing there too haha

I will be sticking around here too, so I can pick up on what I can haha

Cheers