Saturday Trip

dave robinson

Vince, Rick and I spent Saturday out west on a small creek fishing for Greyling.

The morning was cooler than the afternoon, which heated up quite a bit.

Each of us caught a reasonable number of fish in the am,

although sizes weren't up to previous years on that water.

Early on the fish weren't too picky although size 14 drys seemed to be preferred.

Later on the fish were rising, but we couldn't get reliable response or hookups.

After lunch we decided to explore some new water.

That proved to be a fruitless search, fish wise.

The water was too thin with no deep pools to over-winter fish or handle summer heat.

It was an interesting drive and walk though.

The good side was no cows eh Vince?

I know Rick took some photos, so when we gonna see them?

Keith & I hit I think same certian creek on Sunday but tried something a bit different we didn't get fishing until around 3pm. Very slow fishing hardly any rises. I manged one Grayling 11inches and a Rocky about the same size and a couple of very small grayling. Keith caught one that 2 1/2in. and he said it put up a real scrap on his o weight.

Keith said that there were lots of fish in the holes but they were not interested.

Rick if you see this call me for a coffee.

Tight Lines Always

Dennis S :fishing::fish_jump:

Dave & Dennis

No cows...what a bummer. I've been thinking about that little creek all day to-day to try and figure out why its quantity and quality of fish has gone down. Might have just been the day but am not sure. Water clarity, for this time of year, was on the murky side and that may be a reason or it just is what it is.

Had a very good day and yes we did do a bit of exploration and now know not to go to that area again. I think I may just leave that little creek alone till mid September to see what happens but lots of nice little creeks within a half hours drive provided the road is in good shape.

Rick has the good pictures so I'll look forward to seeing them.

Vince

Dave with "record" breaking Grayling

Dave also caught a huge Whitefish using only his bare hand. I had never witnessed anything like it before nor will again. You will need to ask Dave for the full details of this amazing feat. Sorry, no photos.

post-184-1185235786_thumb.jpg

One of Pigeon Lakes finest - fun on a fly rod. According to the young lady from the ACA who surveyed me after I got off the water today, I outdid the vast majority of bait chuckers for the three hours I was on the water.

post-184-1185236326_thumb.jpg

Vince I think your right it's time to try a couple of other certian creeks. As I said Keith seen lots of fish they just wer'nt interested. It was pretty warm and the water was also warm.

Talk to you later

Tight Lines Always

Dennis S :fishing::fish_jump:

NLFT&F

Terry

No fooling you...yes, Vince is indeed resting Vince. Going up and down streambanks is hard work.

Dennis

I think your right....might have to take a trip out to your favorite little stream soon.

Dan

If I walked on water there would be no way that I could go in for a dunking which I still manage to do from time to time.

Vince