Fishing Trips

Rainbow

I've heard drive by reports that Dismal is low and clear tea.... and BEGGING for the season to open... I have my eyes set on the slopes soon too - child and wife willing....

Thanks Scratch,

Decided to try East Pit, never been there before. It was a great day in the belly b., caught at least 30 (a very good day for me) with most of them 10 - 12". Hopefully the streams will clear in the next couple of week though.

I didn't make it out either... Drove out to Salters with the boats (amazed I still have them as the thunderstorm chilled the pontoons to the point that the straps all came loose! (2 bungies and a tarp kept the boat on the back!).

Scooted south and tried another 'rumoured' fishery and had a BLAST landing 7 12-16" fish in 40 minutes. I have found a new love.

post-59-1182177537_thumb.jpg

Scooted south and tried another 'rumoured' fishery and had a BLAST landing 7 12-16" fish in 40 minutes. I have found a new love.

Heheh... no ... really.... I meant.....

"had a BLAST landing 712 - 16" fish in 40 minutes"

My son and myself fished Salters before, during, and after the thunderstorms(they skirted the lake). We had a great time on the lake till about 10:45 pm. It was boy's maiden voyage with his float tube. He managed to get the big one of the day at 15"s, and a ton of other smaller ones. This was also the first time he caught a fish with his fly rod.

This was by far the best fathersday weekend thus far and I am sure they will only get better!!!

When I get a chance I'll post some pics.