Muir Moonlight Madness 2007

RangerBob

Continued from:

http://forum.nlft.org/index.php?s=&sho...ost&p=15226

I see Dipper... I see Alex... I see Nemo... I see Sue... and I see Scratch and me too. No SnoWolf? Hmmm.

Anyways, first official fish was caught by Alex at 12:11 AM setting a new record. The fly of the evening was a Black Crystal Flash bugger with an MP Magic Head. Everyone got into fish except me (although I had a few good bumps). Alex landed three, Scratch 1, Nemo 1, and Dipper two. The fish were in full spawn colours, big hens, and kype jawed males with big teeth.

Scratch and Alex called the ball at 3:00 AM. Dipper, Sue, Nemo, and myself camped out in the parking lot to await first light. At 5:30 AM I arose, walked to the beach... and on my first cast landed a nice 18 incher. Dipper launched his tube, Sue was out and aboot, Nemo was fast asleep, and I took another 17" er from the dock.. all before the morning traffic arrived to set sail.

The place should be a zoo on Saturday now. Yes, we can confirm that Muir lake has fish... it has not winter killed as some would have you believe.

GREAT SUCCESS!

http://www.flickr.com/search/?w=all&q=...2007&m=text

post-65-1178032942_thumb.jpg

post-65-1178033150_thumb.jpg

post-65-1178033170_thumb.jpg

post-65-1178033200_thumb.jpg

post-65-1178033218_thumb.jpg

post-65-1178033227_thumb.jpg

What a blast - great fish they were - all of them! Even the hairy horizontal tailed rodent that I hooked at 1:30 AM.

If anyone sees a Good 'ol Canadian Nickel with Black bugger in his back - I want my FLY BACK!

(For the record - Beaver fight a LOT like big goldeye... You can muscle them - until they get that tail into the action...)

(For the record - Beaver fight a LOT like big goldeye... You can muscle them - until they get that tail into the action...)

I really wanted you to land him too. You know how badly I want a CompuBeaver now!!

http://forum.nlft.org/index.php?showtopic=2180&hl=Beaver

Also, LOL.... as soon as DipperDan set sail... two Loons started swimming right up to his float... looking for the free fish again.

http://forum.nlft.org/index.php?showtopic=1278&hl=Loon

Mighty nice looking fish. I still have a few days to wait to get out fishing but when I can I will be out with bells on with the new raft. Even looking at a depth finder for the new fishing machine.

Congrate to all those that made the midnight madness. I like Snowwolf will try and make up for it out at Dolberg.

Tight Lines Always

Dennis S :fish_jump:

Scratch:

Maybe you hooked into Bucky the Werebeaver.

If you want chapter and verse on that, ask Ranger Bob.

Otherwise, beware of new moon and bright aurora!

Scratch:

Maybe you hooked into Bucky the Werebeaver.

If you want chapter and verse on that, ask Ranger Bob.

Otherwise, beware of new moon and bright aurora!

ROTFH! I was wondering when that was gonna come-up. There were no Northern Lights on display last night... so

it definitely wasn't Bucky the Werebeaver.

K... I am headed home now. Longish day... see you at the club tonight.

Mmmmm.... beeeeer night! Richard, if you got your ears on -- I will try to find your PRS flies... hope to see you there.

:drinked:

DipperMan, you finally caught some Zzzzzz's and posted a few eh? I heard you did great in the afternoon too, and I see you are also holding out on a few pictures of the biggest fish of the night too. Very nice!

Actually, it was quite funny that young Alex could sit at the very end of the dock this year... and swing is feet back and forth over the water fully extended without getting his shoes even close to being wet. Depth at the end of the dock is about 1 and 1/2 feet... so don't plan any cannonballs off the end there this year.