April 21, 2007 - NLFT&F / TUC EDM Silent Auction

RangerBob

NLFTF & TUC Edmonton Chapter Silent Auction Event 2007

Presented by members of The Northern Lights Fly Tyers & Fishers

and Trout Unlimited - Edmonton Chapter

Date: April 21, 2007 @ Bo' Diddleys Roadhouse

(11605 – 142 Street) from 6 PM to 11PM

Tickets $10 including steak sandwich & salad when you order it!

Trout Unlimited Edmonton Chapter & Northern Lights Fly Tyers and Fishers is holding a silent auction to raise funds to support their efforts in education and restoration of fish habitat.

Trout Unlimited is well known for its work in restoring habitat and conserving Canada’s fresh water ecosystems.

Northern Lights Fly Tyers & Fishers is well recognized in the fly fishing community as a leader in education in fly tying and fishing. Both of these organizations request your support by way of donations of goods and or services that can be auctioned off to raise funds.

Both of these organizations request your support by way of donations of goods and or services that can be auctioned off to raise funds.

Download Auction Item Form Here Below:

http://nlft.org/auctions.php

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

A trip to Vince Creek was the biggest prize of the night!

Proof that the average consumer really doesn't have a clue where their money goes...

(Ducking cause I know vince is comin for me now...)

(PS - wish I had a smiley that was appropriate - but I think we lost them...)

Vince is now on the hunt....I'm keeping my eyes on you Scratch.

The trip was something that was put together without my knowledge and I might add, without my consent. However, I do have to say that I got a huge kick out of the interest and in particular the huge dough it went for. Having said that ,the pressure is now on for me to produce and I got to tell you that the menu I've put together for this one day trip will far exceed the lucky winners bid cost. Emmerson, you are one lucky dude....Vince will not dissapoint.

Vince

Dave

Cold pizza say you...I don't think so. Just you wait and see what Emmerson gets for lunch and for din dins. After you see the menu I know for sure you would have bid twice the amount. If the mood hits me I just may post the menu and then I know your going to kick yourself for not being the winning bidder.

Vince

Dave

Cold pizza say you...I don't think so. Just you wait and see what Emmerson gets for lunch and for din dins.

Vince

Poached trout?

Vincenzo - I'll let you handle that one. I for one will pony up the car and the gas later this season for said trip - after Emmerson finishes raving about the food and water, but laments the Guide's choice of flies (or should I say...fly (CFF)).

Vincenzo - I'll let you handle that one. I for one will pony up the car and the gas later this season for said trip - after Emmerson finishes raving about the food and water, but laments the Guide's choice of flies (or should I say...fly (CFF)).

Vince already PM'ed me the GPS co-ordinates to the VC a long time ago. He was just learning how to use a GPS back then... so... really... I still don't know how well I'd trust them. :-)

Scratch & RangerBob

Menu is now planned out..fine Italian & Sicilian food, beer (yes, Italian's make great beer) and some vino for dinner. Guide's choice for flies...yes the CFF is on the list but so is one other top fly which I use on a regular basis. I can guarantee the food but the fishing...well we'll see.

RangerBob...there are a number of Vince Creeks in this fine province and yes, you did get the co-ord's to one of them but I have not yet decided which one Emmerson will hit. Road conditons (road can be brutal and I mean brutal) will determine which one we hit or maybe we'll hit all three. I can tell you this for sure...the original VC, while a pretty little stream, is a very hard stream to fish. Deadfall everwhere which means alot of hiking up and down banks.

Vince