Website and Forum... uh... Forum

HepCat_

Jeff, Greg and Darren:

This forum stuff looks pretty cool.

One thing you might want to consider is passing this link on to all the club executive so they can join in on the dialogue. If you agre, Ill get you their e-mail addresses.

I think the division into topic areas will be quite useful in that users simply go to what they find of interest.

I also like the idea of having to register before posting etc. as this will possibly reduce the number of flyby postings that aren't from club members.

I'm still of two minds about a possibel member's only area. On the one hand, it would limit some chitchat to club only issues and I could limit newsletter distribution to paid up members only via password control. This woudl be an incentive to actually buy a membership, but there are sevreal problems with that though. First is we would not be able to use the on line newsletter as as promotion, second we soudl haev to change passwords annually and thirdly the some technop[hobe members might have problems with the extra steps. Discussion?

I'm also posting back my previous suggestions for others to view

Fast loading Bulletin Board / Forum page, (c/w auto archive)

Possibly with separate forums for: “for sale”, “going fishing”, “tying tips”,

”fishing reports”, ” recent photos”, ”member requests” and “general discussion”.

Upcoming Events banner or list that is “ web committee” or “newsletter editor” editable

Newsletter and Event Flyer links that pop up current and back issues

of newsletter and seminar flyers in browser based pdf format.

both editable by yours truly

Club Photos page where we can post pics and comments from recent events

Links page (I like the start they made) with a bit more in the way of graphic art.

That shoud cover it for now.

Oh yah, at the end of all the development, I think we should get you guys to be feature presenters on one wednesday and show everyone the new page and how to navigate it.

Dave R

And, umm it should be "Northern Newbie" to the the left... not sure where that came from... but I ain't no "Newbie". Muahahahahah! Thinking of joining the Old Timers Club any day now!

The northern newbie will change on you reach a certain number of posts. We will also be able to give people custom titles there. (Iron tyer ahem....)

I'm still of two minds about a possibel member's only area. On the one hand, it would limit some chitchat to club only issues and I could limit newsletter distribution to paid up members only via password control.

This can be changed so that anyone can read or post. I think the plan for the newsletter was to leave it on the site as it's own page still. But now that you have mentioned it, this would be a good spot to house it. The forum will eventually be located from the main site, and anyone will be able to signup as a member.

second we soudl haev to change passwords annually and thirdly the some technop[hobe members might have problems with the extra steps. Discussion?

I don't think that password changes should be an issue with any members. If a member wants to change their password, they can, or if it is forgotten, there is a function available to retrieve it. Greg, Jeff, and I can do a presentaion on the site when it's ready for release.

I was commenting on the speiling of 'Nort-t-ern' vs "Nor-th-ern" I see it's fixed now. It's "possibel" fixed now. It "soudl haev" been fixed! :rolleyes::D

Yes it is fixed. :) I can give you a "kustim tItel" if you like. How about "spel chekur" :lol:

I'll update the background a little before then...

I suspect the look and feel will not be an issue, moreso the content. I'd like to know that the look and feel (save for some minor changes - like the inclusion of the NLFTF logo etc) is going to be acceptable - rather the content issues that will need discussion.)

/Scratch