Wednesday, October 25th

RangerBob

Participants: All Club Members

Event #1: Pumpkin Decoration and Carving

Comment: Here’s your chance to demonstrate your skills with pumpkins. Carve or decorate one and bring it along to display your seasonal artistic efforts and have the membership vote on the best in a couple of different categories.

Event #2: Halloween Flies

Comment: Try your hand at tying some flies on a Halloween theme. They could be as simple as an orange and black wooly bugger, as scary as a large bushy spider or as whacky as a Witch Creek Nymph. Use you imagination and have some fun.

The club will supply some prizes and confections.

--

Some idears to get your creative juices flowing... Meet the 'Dumpkin'.

http://www.extremepumpkins.com/pukingpumpkin.html

post-27-1160013009_thumb.jpg

Edited by RangerBob

• 3 weeks later...

Eat yer heart out suckkas! My pimped out pyro pumpkin rocks! :D Oh yeah, if you show up at the meeting on Wednesday, I'll be giving this pumpkin away as part of the weekly raffle to some lucky winnah.

Posted Image

Thanks fer the produce Alan. :clap: Now, to get my materials ready for the fly tying portion, and go roast some pumpkin seeds. Mmmmm.....

Edited by RangerBob

Since the weather looks good, I'll be out with the telescope and a group of students tonight so won't make the meeting. Dang!

This week you can enjoy the November Newsletter ghost (as in can't be seen).

I'm working on it, but haven't got all the program settled yet. I will post it when done and bring copies to the November 1 meeting.

Lance and Brian - GREAT JOB ON THE PUMPKINS!!!! They looked great.  And the flies you guys were tying were also great.  Good job on the creativity. Hmmmm ideas..

Pauline

Halloween is in another week... if you want to make yer own NLFTF pumpkin here's the logo I used. Just print it of with Microsoft Windows Picture Viewer, etc, and scale up to a Full Page 8.5 x 11". Cudos of course to Greg Scratchley on the logo redesign.

Posted Image

Just unloading image card of flies and photos from last night.. will post them in a bit.

Edited by RangerBob

My daughter (Rangerette Katie - 8 yrs) tying some flies. Her dad brought in a few Halloween type materials for folks to tye with. Unfortunately, not many folks were tying tonight for some reason... she did did get some Treats though (eventually), but was tricked by Brian's 1 and half hour speech on Upcoming Fisheries Regulation changes first. Was that even on the agenda tonight?

post-27-1161908618_thumb.jpg

Edited by RangerBob

My pumpkin.. well.. technically Alan gave me the pumpkin... the seeds roasted up good last night too, after soaking in Sea Salt for 24 hours. Baked at 350 for 10 minutes... any more.. they burn... or begin to sound like shotgun shells going off in the oven.

post-27-1161908953_thumb.jpg

Edited by RangerBob

Our Librarian Jack-O-Lantern Jerry.... showing his Fall line-up of books, DVDs, and videos... all nicely cataloged.... and ready for you to check out soon! What Jerry did for you all summer instead of fishing!

Sorry Jerry, I couldn't resist TRICKING this photo out. Let's work to get that list of materials on the web finally this fall shall we to show the folks what the club has to offer them. Yes, we do offer beginner's tying courses as well.... but more on that soon eh. Yeah, let's be getting back to a tying club soon again folks, although a new undisclosed fishing hole was also given out tonight by one of our members that might be worthy of checking out.

You gotta show up, and participate to learn about all these great things the club has to offer though! :)

post-27-1161909828_thumb.jpg

Edited by RangerBob

RangerBob

Great job on the pumpkin - first class and yes the night was a bit long with the report. Gerry looks good with his new look.

Now I've saved the best for last. You tied some great Pike flies but what I was really impressed with was the quality of fly that your daughter tied...please tell her that I think she did a great job. I hope you've got a 9 weight for her.

Vince