Looking for Lake info

Dragon Troller

Now that I know where it is I may have to give it a try.

Been there done that. Me and Scratch stopped by here in the evening as well last night.. had the lake.. wobbly dock... and all the fish to ourselves. :D

Cudos to Onoway F&G on a fine project!

post-25-1146062901_thumb.jpg

Edited by RangerBob

Aerator was still running... a tough place to find... unless you had a GPS with hidden "double secret probation" waypoints tucked away inside.

Uhm... yeah... this place has much potential indeed.

post-25-1146063114_thumb.jpg

Edited by RangerBob

This is.. Salter's Lake. Scratch got into fish as well, and I took a nice one on a modified Phil Rowley Aftershaft Damsel Nymph.. with some copious amounts of Monique AquaGlow Dressing dapped on to it. Scratch has the pics. ;)

Be looking forward to floating this lake after the areator is yanked. Now... to go out and do a trip report on the other two lakes in question soon eh?

post-25-1146063741_thumb.jpg

Edited by RangerBob

Went to Chickakoo and Sauer as well,

I could not believe how much Chickakoo shrunk in the last 20 years, I did not remember it this way at all. Both were ice free I did not see any dead fish from shore Lots of bug activity as well.

I had the wife and kids with me instead of my rod and tube but oh well the boys had fun.

Sauer definitely looks interesting for the tube.

Salter's should be good, I was pleasantly surprised by that one.

BTW I'm headed to Star tonight with my tube. :fishing:

Awsome! and Nice shirt!

Would you say that trout was 15" ?

Did you float it at all or just from the dock?

An honest 15+.. and I'd say Scratch just missed out on a hare sized larger one.

Taken from casting about 25 feet out from the dock... floating line.

• 4 weeks later...

DT,

The new 2006 stocking list is here (last updated May-18-2006)... and is updated as they go along. Uhm... I see that Cardiff is done, Dolberg, and that Chicakoo got 4,000 Brook Trout, and 8,000 Rainbows. Sauer got 6,000 Rainbows.

http://www.srd.gov.ab.ca/fw/fishing/pdf/2006Stocking.pdf

We must go give that a try this summer for brookies close to home eh. :D

PS - Salters Lake got 16,600 RB's @ 15 cm.

Edited by RangerBob

Thanks RB,

I would love to hit Chickakoo for Brookies but I wonder if any survive to get to be of any size? they put 26,000 in there last year along with 8600 Rainbows. Thats a lot of fish for that tiny lake.

I don't think it has winterkilled in 2 years but with that many fish it would not be surprising if it did! I can't imagine them growing all that fast either. I guess I'll just have to get out there and see if there are any bigger fish there?

BTW I was at Salters the day they stocked it, my boys landed 8 fish in 2 hours, none of them were this years stock.

• 4 months later...

Ranger Bob can cast 25 feet??  :clap:  :clap:  Wow, didn't know ya had it in ya.  :)  :)  Terry

New rod, new line. :D
The new new rod (uh... the other new one)... worked well at Chicakoo today.. much better that at Wabamun. Right Scratch?

Well worth checking this one out right now... Want Brookies!? Nuff said.

;);)

Edited by RangerBob