Snow - Crowsnest Pass

vince

Well, it looks like Terry moved just in the neck of time. I wonder if he's put the fly rods aside and got the ski's waxed and ready to go.

What a deal - here it is not even mid way into the month and the Crowsnest Pass got a wack of snow and I hear Jasper got a wee bit of a hit. Go figure.

Vince

Hi Guys:

This comes to you via the Blairmore library -- my only connection to the web for the time being. Yes, the September snow was interesting. Although the power was out for 3 days, we survived quite nicely in our trailer -- lots of food, rum, and heat. The snow's gone now, but the river is still blown out, hence I have yet to wet a line. Oh well, there's always indian summer, right? Terry

Hi Guys:

This comes to you via the Blairmore library  -- my only connection to the web for the time being.  Yes, the September snow was interesting.  Although the power was out for 3 days, we survived quite nicely in our trailer -- lots of food, rum, and heat.  The snow's gone now, but the river is still blown out, hence I have yet to wet a line.  Oh well, there's always indian summer, right?  Terry

Nice to see you got dug out. Sounds like you didn't need rescue... save perhaps a St. Bernard with a keg around it's kneck.

• 2 weeks later...

RB, actually I think it is good news. The local economy needs a kick in the pants and the municipality could do with a broadening of the tax base. I expect that if the project goes ahead, it will be mostly golfers buying up the place. FYI, there is also another project in the works just west of Coleman. I don't think it's on the same scale though. Terry

RB, actually I think it is good news. The local economy needs a kick in the pants and the municipality could do with a broadening of the tax base. I expect that if the project goes ahead, it will be mostly golfers buying up the place. FYI, there is also another project in the works just west of Coleman. I don't think it's on the same scale though. Terry

Yup, it is good news for the town of Coleman indeed. Will also help Vic Bergman's shop a wee bit too. ;)