EMBARASS RIVER

DennisS

Keith & I venture out to the Embarass yesterday. It was good day New water and hungry fish. Caught many Grayling (both of use) not huge biggest being in the 12 in. range. Both Keith & I caught an Athabasca rainbow. That was Keiths first. Most of the fish were caught on some type of hopper. I used the Amies Ant and done not to bad. Caught several on the evil weevil . Also use a size 10 Green Drake and had not to bad of success. Beautiful water but hard to wade many large boulders in the creek. We enjoyed and will be making a return trip for sure. We finally got pushed off the water when a big thunder storm came thourgh around 4:30pm.

Tight Lines Always

Dennis S

NLFT&F

Just curious as to where in the Embarras you were fishing. I went in at the Weald group campsite last summer. Caught nothing but grayling (not that I am complaining!). I have also fished where Lambert Creek flows into the Embarras but caught nothing (but this was last August when the water was high).

Thanks.

Fished up stream from Lambert enterance lots of water to fish. As stated caught several athabascens smallish 6 to 8in. but they are there. Keith fells he lost one that was a bit bigger. Neil Waugh fishs this river and catches some bigger Athabascin but not sure where it is he fishes.

Hope that helps.

Tight Lines Always

Dennis S.

Fished up stream from Lambert enterance lots of water to fish. As stated caught several athabascens smallish 6 to 8in. but they are there. Keith fells he lost one that was a bit bigger. Neil Waugh fishs this river and catches some bigger Athabascin but not sure where it is he fishes.

Hope that helps.

Tight Lines Always

Dennis S.

Susssh.

:ph34r:

post-22-1123365393_thumb.jpg

There is no fishable water there... I wouldn't bother. Mmmm-K.. Perhaps it was only one of six water bodies we fished last weekend.. and where Scratch may or may not have caught his first Athabasca Rainbow. Perhaps, we also hit the Embarass too... but I'll NEVER tell where.. neeeever... muahahahahahaahahahaha.

Suffice to say it was Dry Fly action all day long... no wading.. and one pool.

:monkey:

post-22-1123365519_thumb.jpg

RangerBob

Near indeed - this piece of information is for your eyes only ..everybody else look away.... Vince Creek is about 7 minutes south and about 5 to 19 minutes east.

Co-ordinates coming your way as soon as I verify.

Vince

Hi Vince,

Is this the Vince Creek we discussed last summer (i.e. tributary to a tributary of the Embarras?). I fished it once in late June but the water was still too high.

If you go up that road be careful. More truck traffic than normal.

Haven't been fishing much yet this year but I am going on a trip in the Ram system for five days starting Saturday.

Have you fished the McLeod yet this year? I was there last weekend - seemed to be more rainbows around than usual.

Mark

PS - Dennis - thanks for the info.

Rockyman

Good to hear from you - sure has been a long time since we've seen you around. Your right on the money with Vince Creek...my next trip that way I'm going to give it a fish and verify it's position - there's another creek further south and a bit east of it that I hear fishes real well. Going to give it a go.

Have not fished the McLeod yet...so many rivers..so little time and money.

The truck and pick-up traffic on that road is always busy and they move like their on a freeway. Got to keep your wits about you.

Mark, have fun on the Ram system eh. Let us all know how you make out.

Talk soon

Vince

Have you fished the McLeod yet this year? I was there last weekend - seemed to be more rainbows around than usual.

We may or may not have also fished the Mcleod where the Embarass enters, and may or may not have seen Walleye caught there.

looks like you just need to make another 1900 posts or so....and sleeping 4 hours or so per day :D

Hey Vince,

Thanks for the response. I'll report on the Ram trip when I get back.

A couple of weeks ago I hiked up the Wapibi upstream of the upper road. I didn't catch a ton of fish but enough cutthroats, bulls and rockies to keep my interest. The stream really got pounded in the floods - there are lots and lots of downed trees on the flood plain.

Mark