FRS RADIOS

dipperdan

What do you all think of having a specific code, ( station) for a lake, (lakes, rivers) and that way if a member comes to a lake ,( river),can talk to someone, get some fishing info.

This can also be a safety feature, if someone runs into difficulty they can call for help. This would not only be for members, but anyone could be tuned in, for the safety concerns. Would like some input on this ???? :ph34r::fishing: HAPPY :fishing: and tight :thumbup::fishing:

I pulled this from the main site,

"The Northern Lights Fly Tyers and fishers have identified a common channel for use at Conklaves, or group outings. Channel 3-0. This allows for 2 good things.

3-0 is a main channel - which means that any FRS regardless of quality can send and receive on it.

3-0 is easy to remember, 3 aught. Just like the thread we've all used.

3-0 is a GMRS channel as well as FRS - which means those of us with Hybrid or High power GMRS radios, can also communicate.

If 3-0 is in use by other parties, the alternative channel is 6-0 for the same reasons above."

Sound logical to me.

Glad to Hear, and I did miss the other post , but I guess it is good to bring back the old memories :o<_ src="http://nlft.org/forum/uploads/emoticons/default_sad.png" alt=":("> HEAR you all on the Water!!!! :fishing::fish_jump::D

My question is, How many people actually take them with them when they go fishing? THey are a good idea... I ususally carry mine when I go with friends.... usually to tell the others whats working... haven't even thought to bring them when I go on my own... I could just imagine how busy they get at at a place like muir on weekend..... Or does anyone even use them?

Go with Motorola.... Over the cobras.... Or so I was told. I guess the Motorola is a more reliable and longer lasting unit....

but for 50.00 for 2 you can't go wrong.