Muir lake

Gravity Orange

I do go elsewhere and will continue to. At least until the fish get to a better size. But just in case you're wondering I prefer to strip, not troll. Trolling is like using a bait caster and pickerel rig. Just instead of a lawn chair you use a tube or pt boat.

Just hassling ya... smile... and have a good day.

ABH:

A "Troll" is something completely different than what you thought. As a moderator, and admin, both here and at FlyAngler.ca - I should be better tuned to spot the troll statements. Given the bulk of your posts - you aren't a true troll - however this thread is a little too close for comfort.

Since we don't see it here often - I as well as others have been slowly goaded into discussions where we are on the defensive, without real cause - Interesting what happens when your hackles are up. (No pun intended)

The end result is discussion that isn't productive. So - I'm calling an end to this.

See: http://curezone.com/forums/troll.asp

I understand that some of you may have found some of ABH's comments offensive, but for homie's sake's we are all grown men and more importantly flyFisherman here...and my take is that everyone is allowed to share their opinions without having someone jump down their throat. I am sorry, but this is one of my major pet peeves and I wish that everyone was able to agree to disagree on every subject....especially fishing. I neither agree or disagree with one or the other, and I understand that Muir is everyone's "baby" here and there has been alot of hard work put into that lake...but Its still not the Holy Grail of all lakes. Personally I like what has been done to it, and would love to help out with it. I hope we can all just get along and help each other out....people are just too damn defensive sometimes.

A "Troll" is something completely different than what you thought.

To paraphrase: "If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck and quacks like a duck

it doesn't take a genius to figure out it ain't a chicken."

Yeah.. I'd say shutdown the thread that's been hi-jacked already. The instructions to Muir were posted long ago. Time to move on.

I understand that some of you may have found some of ABH's comments offensive, but for homie's sake's we are all grown men and more importantly flyFisherman here...and my take is that everyone is allowed to share their opinions without having someone jump down their throat. I am sorry, but this is one of my major pet peeves and I wish that everyone was able to agree to disagree on every subject....especially fishing. I neither agree or disagree with one or the other, and I understand that Muir is everyone's "baby" here and there has been alot of hard work put into that lake...but Its still not the Holy Grail of all lakes. Personally I like what has been done to it, and would love to help out with it. I hope we can all just get along and help each other out....people are just too damn defensive sometimes.

Orange - You are right - angling is a contentious issue - in terms of technique, merit, success or failure. I will also not argue that everyone is entitled to an opinion, when expressed as an opinion. However, when the opinion is expressed as an assault on the opinion of others - then it is no longer opinion.

This topic has indeed gotten off topic. You did get directions to the lake - right Grav?

We should certainly start a new topic though - on the water bodies around town favored by fly-fishers - and what you should expect when fishing them.