Fishing Trip to The Bow This Friday

John Schneider

I know that I have not met any of you yet, but I am heading to Calgary bright and early this Friday for the day...back Friday night sometime after dark. I would welcome the company and conversation not to mention some extra fish to the net for video/pics.

Give me a shout. jschneider@goldwingconstruction.com

John

It was pretty crowded this weekend and I can't stand fishing in close proximity to someone, so I just kept walking until I found some fishy water.

Here's what I don't like about fishing on the Bow: people don't move. People get to their spot and pound the same water all day long. When we are steelheading, we cover the water using the downstream swing technique (cast short then add 2 ft on each successive cast until you have a manageble length of line out, then take a step downstream). Fishing in Calgary is like fishing next to a bunch of statues. When I'm fishing the Bow, I try to start at the top of a run or riffle or pool and work my way through it.

I would try the confluence of the Highwood and Bow. They are stacked up there right now; it's almost like shooting fish in a barrel.

Let me know what spots you hit and how you did. I'll call you from the road.

Robin

PS - Are you at the club this Wednesday? If you are, I'll bring in some of my sink tips for you to look at. rmm

No, I won't be at the club this wednesday either. I have a meeting scheduled for that night already.

I noticed that about the bow! I couldn't believe that when I left the parking lot to hit a particular run, I returned hours later to see the same guy standing in about the same spot! I would be bored to tears. It's like fishing in Europe where you have your markers to stay between!

You read my mind about the highwood. I will probably hit a couple holes downstream from fish creek park and then go for a little drive further out of town.

Haven't you ever heard of "calling in sick"?!?!LOL Or maybe you could call it a Professional Development day like the teachers!

later,

John

Speaking of crowded... did you guys see this months Outdoor Canada magazine (received free with your paid TUC membership).

Somewhere in it listed the Top 10 fishing destinations in Alberta as Dolberg Lake, and Muir.

K, who spilt the beans!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back to bed now.. :barf: