3 replies to this topic

#1 Jim Fox

Jim Fox

Adams Dun

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 04 February 2018 - 09:48 PM

It seems like everyone loved last summer's Blackstone gathering so much, they want to try again. Once again, the FF@/Former FF@/NLFT/Whomever shows up will gather on the Blackstone River the week after the August long weekend - August 7-12. 

The Blackstone is a beautiful central Alberta stream with cutthroat, rainbow, brookies and bulls. Last year we caught a surprising number of bulls, possibly because of a hot summer and low water - they start heading upstream towards spawning grounds months before the event. In addition, there are lots of other waters that can be accessed a short drive up or down the road. Overall, this was an excellent location for fishing last year and I expect this year to be great as well.

As a theme, a picture Alberta Al posted on facebook a few weeks back makes me think about hats. Bring your best fishing hat - be it weird, wild or just plain lucky. If it is a beret, you and Al will match!

Last year, we had a very large group come out and everyone enjoyed themselves thoroughly. I hope that some of you come back and others, who haven't traveled to an Alberta gathering may make this your year. 

Let me know if you are interested or need any more information. An make your travel plans soon!

Jim

#2 Michael Dell

Michael Dell

Executive: Events

• Executives
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 523 posts

Posted 06 February 2018 - 09:29 AM

Thanks for organizing this, Jim.  

I will be there barring unforeseen circumstances.  

#3 SpOtFyRe

SpOtFyRe

Ice Cream Cone

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 07 February 2018 - 08:46 AM

UPDATE: Unfortunately I've been rostered to work that week.  Will have to try another time.

I'll let you know once I have my summer work roster.

After that, it'll take some extreme temperatures and wildfires to keep me away.

In a stagnant world of black and white ... strap on the waders and go find the moving blue water.

#4 DennisS

DennisS

Past President

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,581 posts

Posted 07 February 2018 - 11:37 AM

Jim I will give it a try this year. Things last yr just didn't work out. 

Tight Lines Always 

Dennis S

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users