#1 Welshmike

Welshmike

Bare Hook and Maggot

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 October 2017 - 06:13 PM

Hi All

My name is Mike and as is clear from my User name am from Wales ( currently living in Thailand )

I am a trout fishing addict having had trips this year to Chile Patagonia, New Zealand ( done about 10 times ) Tasmania and most recently Montana.

Will be coming to Southern Alberta , for 3 weeks arriving mid July and will base myself in Calgary.

Two reasons for posting. Firstly obviously I seek as much advice on the Fly fishing in that area, but also to assist any other members who may be going to any of the areas I mentioned where I could hand over maps, books and usual booklets picked up along the way. Also I should add Uk and Ireland both of which I have fished extensively.

I know how difficult, and expensive it is to get info, thus my offer.

Got the Jim MClennan book, it was how I got the forum site.

Cannot wait for July

Tight lines

Welshmike

#2 Welshmike

Welshmike

Bare Hook and Maggot

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 October 2017 - 01:25 AM

Hi

Reading my own post I realise it looks as if I am try to sell the stuff I mentioned. As most anglers would do if any of it, or any advice, would be given gratis.

Sorry I should have made that clear.

Welshmike

#3 fsa313

fsa313

Adams Dun

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 08 October 2017 - 07:47 AM

Hi Mike,

I myself came from the auld sod - Bridge of Allan, Stirlingshire.

Here is a link to info on my "Trout Lakes of Northern Alberta". It goes as far south as the Caroline/Rocky Mountain area where there are lots of great lakes.

https://myalbum.com/album/NAFlYyJfNIXK

Good luck and welcome to Alberta.

Tight lines,

Neil

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users