5 replies to this topic

#1 Dwightfoster57

Dwightfoster57

Bare Hook and Maggot

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 January 2017 - 11:02 AM

Greetings, I am looking for a Reg Denny damselfly pattern called "Kara Damsel" it was one of the patterns we learned to tie many years ago in Reg's fly tying class. I have searched the web and come up empty. Can anyone help with a recipe?

Also, same topic looking for any references to Reg's patterns from years ago. Do the pattern recipes exist anywhere online?

#2 fsa313

fsa313

Dragonfly Nymph

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 24 January 2017 - 10:36 AM

Hi,

May I suggest you go to http://www.flytierspage.com/ and code in "Damsel" and you will get 80 damsel patterns. I find Denny's Delta Damsel on the list but no Kara Damsel

Cheers,

Neil

#3 Michael Dell

Michael Dell

Executive: Events

• Executives
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 514 posts

Posted 28 January 2017 - 01:57 PM

There is a discussion of this on our Facebook page.  Shan Denny has provided the poster who asked the question with the pattern and some links to other Reg Denny patterns. 

I can't seem to add a link here. :(

#4 wbaj

wbaj

Chromie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 28 January 2017 - 07:01 PM

Greetings, I am looking for a Reg Denny damselfly pattern called "Kara Damsel" it was one of the patterns we learned to tie many years ago in Reg's fly tying class. I have searched the web and come up empty. Can anyone help with a recipe?
Also, same topic looking for any references to Reg's patterns from years ago. Do the pattern recipes exist anywhere online?

I have the Kara Damsel recipe.
Many years ago I reproduced a few of the more common recipes from Reg Dennys book. The Kara Damsel is one I did.
It is in a photocopy format, send me a pm wbajansen@gmail.com and I will send you a copy.
Cheers
Wayne
Happy Hook'n

#5 Dragon Troller

Dragon Troller

Para Hopper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 374 posts

Posted 01 March 2017 - 06:27 PM

For those that don't have it.

Attached Files