#21 Rainbow

Rainbow

Executive: Secretary

• Executives
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 249 posts

Posted 02 June 2015 - 11:05 AM

How cold's the water captain!.JPG

Paul taking the water temp. as we enter Dismal.

Roll Cast lesson with coach Paul.JPG

Karen perfecting her roll cast with coach Paul's encouragement.

Tagging Kit & Reader.JPG

Kit is ready, now we need a grayling or two.

Another Grayling to tag.JPG

Here we go!

#22 vince

vince

Jock Scott

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,528 posts

Posted 05 June 2015 - 10:11 AM

Boys

Very nice pictures. John, the above picture is very cool and holy smokes is that every a huge dry fly in it's mouth. Length of fish and size of fly?

Vince

#23 Rainbow

Rainbow

• Executives
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 249 posts

Posted 06 June 2015 - 03:05 PM

Thanks Vince,

The camera is a 10 year old 3.2 megapixel Pentax but it is still good for these trips.  The grayling was a 12"er and the fly was a size 12-14 with lots of hackle on the parachute which the grayling seem to go for.  It was fun, but 2/3rds of the day is travelling and hiking to get onto the water then the return trip home.  Got to go to where they reside, right. Reminds me of what one of our former Oiler coaches when he said, "We can't win at home and we can't win on the road and I can't think of any other place for us to play." 

#24 dipperdan

dipperdan

Executive: Events

• Executives
  • 1,404 posts

Posted 06 June 2015 - 11:18 PM

Had another great day on Dismal , I'm not a Tenkara virgin anymore .  A 39 cm. grayling on a Tenkara fly that John tied for me, nice, and the rod handled it well. Ken had caught on a Tenkara fly Orange and Partridge, so I tried one and it worked , second cast...... We caught some new fish 25 cm to 39 cm. and some ESRD had caught last weekend. We fished water that Paul and I fished a few years back and then father up stream that was new to us , ESRD had fished last weekend. We also saw some fresh bear scat , but not the Butt it came from, good thing .Tested the bear bangers for Ken and Kurt.. Walked 7 KM about 4.5 on the creek and 2.5 in the hot sun , road warriors . Later we tried Rat creek  and it was not providing us any excitement as we arrived around 4:30 , Orange gunk at the shore, it was a hotish day and I was hoping to wash my face ,,, not in this $#it , I said..... Home we came , after an ice cream from Tomohawk ,,, emmmm!!!! Again a great day on the water with some great friends.... Looking forward to the next trip out to Dismal....(((Time is wrong, that's GMT. )))

Attached Images

• DSCN4286.JPG

#25 Paulf

Paulf

Jock Scott

• Members
  • 2,001 posts

Posted 07 June 2015 - 09:49 AM

Yes, it was another great day on the water...lets play that "Where is Waldo" ...can you find the fisher in this picture...if you see it right away, don't say anything,lets  give others some time to look/  

Attached Images

• IMGP1456 - Copy.JPG

#26 kemo99

kemo99

Para Hopper

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 379 posts

Posted 07 June 2015 - 07:28 PM

Here's a couple of Dan.

Attached Images

• Dan with fish.jpg
  • Dan without.jpg

#27 Rainbow

Rainbow

• Executives
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 249 posts

Posted 08 June 2015 - 08:56 AM

[color=rgb(34,34,34);font-family:Arial, 'sans-serif';font-size:9pt;]Nice fish Dipper! Looking forward to you teaching me those Tenkara techniques![/color]

#28 vince

vince

Jock Scott

• Members
  • 1,528 posts

Posted 16 June 2015 - 09:52 AM

Paul

No idea where Waldo is so give it up buddy. Real cool picture of Dan....I'm thinking The Duke is looking to have his hat returned.

Vince

#29 Paulf

Paulf

Jock Scott

• Members
  • 2,001 posts

Posted 16 June 2015 - 04:31 PM

Ok Vince...didn't know if anyone was following this...see below, highlighted in red circle,, this is Ken at one of the many fishing spots.

Attached Images

• IMGP1456 - Copy - Here He Is.jpg

#30 Paulf

Paulf

Jock Scott

• Members
  • 2,001 posts

Posted 16 June 2015 - 04:34 PM

...and here are pictures to prove it is Ken...

Attached Images

• IMGP1458 - Copy.JPG
  • IMGP1457 - Copy.JPG

#31 vince

vince

Jock Scott

• Members
  • 1,528 posts

Posted 18 June 2015 - 07:06 AM

I see in the last picture that you have a picture of Mr. Tenkara looking very cool and relaxed.

Vince

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users