Highlights from NAIT session
- Recognized issue of declining population of Arctic Grayling
- Hypothesis: There is a significant relationship between air and water temperatures
- Used water temperature data from Hobo data loggers and an air temperature modelling tool called Climate WNA
- Performed Pearson's Correlation and regression analysis to confirm hypothesis
- Many sites had water temperature that exceeded 25 degrees (Grayling like 9-18 degrees)
- There is an increase in water temperature due to climate change
- Water temperatures were modeled out through 2040.
- Even at our coldest site, predicted temperatures are safe for Grayling, but reaching beyond preferred range.