Tigers 2018

fsa313

Here is where Tiger trout were stocked in 2018.

Please apply CPR (Catch, Photograph, Release) on all of the tigers that you catch (Don’t you want to know how big they can get?) and especially the brood-stock, released in Black Nugget, Blood Indian, Diplomat, Kerbe’s, Little Bear, Moonshine and Reesor. They will be soft and not very good to eat for some time and CPR lets others have the thrill of catching them. An Alberta record should come from one of these lakes soon.

Tight lines,

Neil

post-3641-0-18382800-1539794006_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

There were also 2000 stocked in Salter's Pond near Onoway, although by now I suspect a couple hundred did not receive CPR either from some who caught them or the cormorants. Was there on Weds for about 3 hours. Caught a dozen rainbow but no tigers - what am I doing wrong??

There were also 2000 stocked in Salter's Pond near Onoway, although by now I suspect a couple hundred did not receive CPR either from some who caught them or the cormorants. Was there on Weds for about 3 hours. Caught a dozen rainbow but no tigers - what am I doing wrong??

I’ve been catching them at Beaver. Fish shallow <5’ seems to be where they reside. Use an attractor pattern or a boatman fished fairly quickly. Don

Hi Dan,

You're correct, Capt Eyre Lake is near Provost, not Sundre. So far I have not included it in "The Trout Lakes O(f Northern Alberta" but if the biologists think it deserves 1,250 Tigers maybe I should include it. What do you think?

Thx,

Neil