Nlff Fly Swap

dipperdan

Is there any interest in a fly swap? Choose a chironomid , ty as many as entered in swap ( 10 entered you ty 10 flies of pattern). I will see the interest by the end of February, and have everyone submit flies by mid April. That way we can have the flies for the opening of fishing.

Please enter your name in this post with name of chironomid and some info if possible.

Happy tying.

Thanks to all that have submitted. Now we need the name of the chromi you will tie, this way we have no duplicates. Seeing there are 8 in the swap tie 8 fly’s unless someone decides to join in. Also bag and tag with material list and name of tier. How about having them at the club April 17.

Thanks to all

Dan

I have finally decided that I will be tying a completely new chironomid pattern (have not seen any fished or heard of any in this area yet)...very nice looking pattern that I think will work perfect for the waters that we fish...I will also include the descriptive and expletives of how to fish (as described by the author) when the the fish are lunkered down and won't take anything that you offer, this fly will make your day...name and description will be included with the swap...but I will let you know that the popular sizes are #14 to #10 and tied on a scud hook...if it is an actual rquirement to name the fly, then I will do that... but I would prefer to keep you all in suspense...

• 4 weeks later...