Grayling Clave 2013 - June 21 To 23

DennisS

Ok I've edited the toipic to make more sense.

It is located in the Arctive Gralying subject area

The idea is to have a get together as part of the 2013 Grayling Survey

Tentative Dates: June 21st to 23rd - The weekend after Father's Day

Tentative Location: Wolf Lake Campground

Dan T was going to check with his friend on availability and cost

Dan also reminds you bring your own wood or be prepared to purchase on site for $5.00 per sack of wood

Program - Looking for suggestions

So far we have - Fly swap (Specifics to be decided),

Potluck (each to pick an entree),

Scotch tasting (keep the five-alive out of sight),0

Story telling (nothing too scary),

Bug fest (?),

Pictures galore

Somebody with more Forum skills than me should set up a poll so those who are coming can confirm attendance

and possibly a second poll for fly pattern for the swap

Edited by dave robinson

• 2 months later...

...just an idea regarding the fly swap...what do you think...tie your favorite dry fly and your favorite nymph...just an idea....

...and that bug fest...what was meant by that, was to take pictures of the insect life in the area that one was fishing...

...any of this make sense...and a reminder, if anyone wishes to join us, let Dan know, it will give him an idea of what to relate to Rolf (Wolf Lake Campground Caretaker)...and remember, just because a site is booked, if more than one trailer or tent is set up in each site, you have to pay your share of the nightly fee per trailer,tent,vehicle(sleeping quarters)...

...it's getting closer...don't be disappointed, let us know if you wish to join us...

Hey, Thanks for all the help Dave, Paul , you just made my job easier.

So Yes, to all that are interested in the 2013 Grayling Survey Clave. We are planning to have the clave camping on June 21st to the 23rd at Wolf Lake. Last year the cost was $25.00 a sleeping unit and $5.00 per bag of wood . I will try to save 3 sites together that will accomidate 2 smaller units each ( my unit is 22 ft for example) We are planning in getting out thursday night , Potluck Saturday with the fly swap and tasting , story telling and maybe some pike fishing at dusk, so don't forget to bring some floating unit to fish the lake for pike and walleye.

So ,if there are other concerns or ideas , please voice them here.

Thanks , to all that will be volunteering for this great cause!!!!!

Oh Pooh. That's the same weekend as the Choir's pre-tour concert, so I'll have to give the Clave a miss.

fro any others who aren't going to the Clave, you might want to come hear me actually sing.

Posted Image

Grayling Survey Clave 1 20131- Dan and Irene T. ---- in2-Paul F.---- in3-Snowwolf ---- in4-Dennis S.---- in5-John M. ----in

6-Jim O.---- in

7-Ken M.---in

8-Dave T.---in

9- Kens friend--in

I have booked 3 sites, 9,10 , 11, cost per sleeping unit is $22.00 and $5.00 for a bag of wood. We have doubled up in previous years .If you are interested in booking your own site you can call Rolf at 780-621-6311 and tell him you are with the Grayling survey , mention my name Dan Tulik and he will accomidate you.

Grayling Survey Clave 1 20131- Dan and Irene T. ---- in2-Paul F.---- in3-Snowwolf ---- in4-Dennis S.---- in5-John M. ----in

6-Jim O.---- in

I have booked 3 sites, 9,10 , 11, cost per sleeping unit is $22.00 and $5.00 for a bag of wood. We have doubled up in previous years .If you are interested in booking your own site you can call Rolf at 780-621-6311 and tell him you are with the Grayling survey , mention my name Dan Tulik and he will accomidate you.

...thanks once again Dan for looking after the bookings for the campsites...

...I'll have a few flies at the ready, just in case there is a swap happening...

...oh and I guess maybe a wee dram of scotch to wet ones whistle and to help detail and enhance the stories...

...and a good pot luck supply of pork ribs are in order this go around...

...and anything else that I might think of...

• Like 1

Paul I will bring the 5alive. :laugh::beating:

Any particular theme for the swap. or just your favourite grayling fly.

See most tonight

Tight Lines Always

Dennis S

Dennis, if you bring 5-alive...you will have to book your campsite at the overflow which is on the far east side of the lake...

Dan I will try for the Thursday night also. Right now count Brenda in. For the pot luck do you want and Idea what one is going to bring so we don't get a bunch of the same thing.

Does foam count as a nymph

Just purchase a case of 5 alive so if anyone need any for their scotch I have lots. :backoff::drinked::laugh:

Tight Lines Always

Dennis S

UpDate on campers so far,,,

Grayling Survey Clave 1 2013

1- Dan and Irene T. ---- in
2-Paul F.---- in ( Pork Ribs)
3-Snowwolf and Kenzi---- in
4-Dennis and Brenda S.---- in
5-John M. ----in

6-Jim O.---- in

7-Ken M.---in

8-Dave T.---in

9- Kens friend--in

We should be putting together ideas for the potluck, items will be in brackets in red behind name.

Ideas for the swap????

• 2 weeks later...

Dan for sure will be at campsite evening of June 20

For the Pot Luck Brenda said she will do a big Potato Salad & Ceaser Salad & a Desert

Have we decided on Fly Swap theme yet and who are particapating.

put me in for fly Swap

See all Weekend of 22nd :whoot:

Tight Lines Always

Dennis S :fishing::fish_jump:

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry , been away the last 2 weeks, Dismal creek water levels are coming down. Our plans if the flowing waters are higher is to camp at Fairfax and fish some of the pits or Muskiki for cutties. Thoughts of a swap , well maybe do one the next trip out. Pot luck ,only 2 have comitted so maybe pass on that as well. Still planning on heading out either Thursday night or Friday morn. I will post Wednesday night with final plans. Hope this sits well with all.

1- Dan and Irene T. ---- in ( Russian Chicken )

2-Paul F.---- in (Pork Ribs)

3-Snowwolf and Kenzi---- in (Taco salad )

4-Dennis and Brenda S.---- in (Patato Salad, Desert )

8-Dave T.---in

1- Dan and Irene T. ---- in ( Russian Chicken )

2-Paul F.---- in (Pork Ribs)

3-Snowwolf and Kenzi---- in (Taco salad )

4-Dennis and Brenda S.---- in (Patato Salad, Desert )

5-John M. ----in

6-Jim O.---- in

7-Ken M.---in

8-Dave T.---in

9- Kens friend--in

10- Dave M. in

...yummy...yummy...looking good...can't wait til next weekend...food is looking great, but I predict the fishing to be even better... DO NOT FORGET YOUR SCOTCH TO HELP WASH DOWN THE DELICIOUS ENTREES...

Dan thanks for the up date and keep us in loop. Also Dan thank you for the organizing and keep us up to speed. To bad the weather is not being so cooperative. The last couple of years it seems were not getting on the water much before mid july or later.

We are leaving bright and early fri morning 6ish am.

Let us know whats happening. I heard it's going to be wet Wed. Then off & on the rest of the week.

So pot luck a weak maybe. Fly swap next time. I won't let all those Fat Alberts go to waste.

Tight Lines Always

Dennis S

Hello,

Plan A---- I have tentatively booked 3 sites at Wolf Lake , each site can hold 2 - 23 ft trailers. So far , Dan T .,Dennis S.,Frenchy ( sorry , phoned me last night) and Dave M. have notified any intention. Others have said they were coming a couple of months ago, so not really sure if they are , or any one else is .

Lodgepole is looking like 2 to 4 inches of rain the next couple of days, if that happens , we will not be on the streams.

Plan B ---That being said , are those mentioned , still planing on coming out to FairFax , to fish some still water, if so please let me know and we can still plan for a potluck or just meet and fish..

Plan C--- maybe do the Whitecourt area, or give us some other ideas

Thanks Dan