Countdown to Muir - May 1, 2006

Doc

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The last time I fished Muir was on a rainy day, early June, in 1960. I remember that day well because it was the day I got a ‘Dear John’ phone call from my girlfriend. :( She told me to go fly a kite; I went fishing instead. :fishing: The fish were far more cooperative than my girlfriend. :clap:

From the sounds of things here, I think I’ll drop by on opening day not to fish, but to witness the event. I think it will be a hoot. :)

Skipper:

You will miss opening day if you don't show up at 12:01 with the other fanatics.

By noon, 12 hours later, I expect it to resemble a large bowl of cherrios again.

Then again, May 1 is a Monday, so the less fanatical may be at work.

Boys

Only a few more days left. Can't wait till April 30th at midnight. Now the only question is which fly do I use. Hmmm, maybe a helping hand from the winner of last years first fish caught.

From shore or do we stay out a bit longer and do the belly boat routine. Ah, life has too many ????

Vince

Boys

Only a few more days left. Can't wait till April 30th at midnight. Now the only question is which fly do I use. Hmmm, maybe a helping hand from the winner of last years first fish caught.

From shore or do we stay out a bit longer and do the belly boat routine. Ah, life has too many ????

Vince

Last years first fish was hooked from shore at the launch on a leech pattern by Darren - but he lost it. The first caught was also on a brown bugger from the dock.

I'd plan on some waders and a long net for shore fishing - the dock is going to be pretty crowded. :)