Island Lake 62-17-W4

Getting away from trout and more on the subject of water conservation. I was wondering if anyone ever fished Island lake over a period of time . I was told about water levels in the lake from people who have a cottage on the spot and grew up out there over 40 years .The water has dropped 25 ft over this time. Since I was taken to the place I have been returning to fish and have seen this drop in level for 10 years. Its a loss of 6 " a year and weather doesnt seem to make a difference. The locals with cottages told me the lake had natural artisans or springs. I hunted around the area and found 2 deactivated gas wells. My question is did the gas wells go dry and is the water from the aquifer now flowing down into the once natural gas pressurized caverns in the earth ?

I worked for RJV gasfield services as a pressure vessel welder and what I did is make water separators for a lot of gas wells. I was informed that natural gas was full of water. Im wondering if the gas was forcing water up to the surface through artisans in glacial till as the area has a few eskers. The aquifer being no were as deep or as pressurized as natural gas were else would ground water go?

If we can frac shale to get gas out of it, can we if its a solution plug such caverns with something my guess expanding foam to redirect water in the ground back to the surface?

Is reality more like we cant find the place of water escapement to a place other than through artisans to the surface? Can a water well be drilled near the lake to give the aquifer an easier route to the surface and reverse this steady drop in the lakes level?

Bass were planted in the lake years ago,and was there some kind of environmental impact study conducted?

Did this study include anything about hydrology?if included?

As the lake level continues to drop, places were pike would spawn on happy salad carpets are high and dry and the current lake bottom is mud and silt in the remaining shallows instead of once productive spawning beds.

Does anyone know if this is Island lakes problem?