Winterkill....ing Time

greyheron

So here's what I've been up to over the winter.I DON'T ICE FISH!!

Whatchagot that's new?Show me your box.

Besides catching lots of fish I really like looking at other guys boxes that I meet on the rivers and lakes.Lots of great ideas come from expanding my knowledge of what's out there being fished.

Anybody know if ice is off at Muir?

Encountered quite a few places last year backwoodsin' it that these troutspey rods are going to be necessary.Quite excited about the numerous lyes? that'll open up now that back casts are no more.

post-3940-0-30109400-1430523954_thumb.jpg

post-3940-0-94025500-1430523966_thumb.jpg

post-3940-0-45434000-1430523991_thumb.jpg

post-3940-0-12913700-1430524122_thumb.jpg

post-3940-0-94362500-1430524138_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Nice work , sorry know one here that shares much especially fishing lies.........Nice work on the flies and the rods . Haven't heard fro you , you been around , from here ? The club does some very good stuff , we could learn a lot from yourself and others like. We are allways looking for good people.

Thanks for sharing.....

Dan

My father told me many years ago..."Doesn't matter if you have the right tools if you don't know how to use them". I've found sharing flies with fellow anglers has been a great way to have good conversation riverside and make new friends. Thank-you for the response Dipper.

I'm bad for tying , I usually will tie half a dozen here and there and they are mostly the old standby's. Now Paul F. on the other hand ties realistics , to much time for me . I prefer easy and tied in a short time. That's an interesting top rod and reel , quite large fighting butts as well. See ya at a meeting or on the water....

Dan

• 3 weeks later...

It's not a fighting butt as in the little nub you press against your belly when you have a big fish.These are full on 2 handed rods so the bottom handle is an actual hand grip.You knew that though right?