Trout Unlimited Canada - Northern Lights Fly Fishers
Sign in to follow this  
Jokey

Muir Lake Cleanup And Bbq

Hi Guys

Just wanted to let you all know that the actual date for the Muir Cleanup and BBQ is this Sunday the 25th. The main page has the date listed for the 24th so please come out on Sunday if you are able to. There will be hotdogs, pop and water for all particpants and fishing afterwards. There are also prizes to be given away. The last time we did this it was a great day. Got lots of garbage cleared out and I met a lot of excellent people.

Please come out if you can.

Cheers

J

Wish I could , I'm involved in Corporate Challenge and will be busy most of the day . Have a good one..

DD

Well it was a pretty poor turn out for number of guys but we got a lot accomplished. Several bags of trash were collected (how many single shoes can be lost at one place??) and we ate a bunch of hot dogs and shot the breeze. Had one nice fellow who was just coming to fish for the day take an hour out of his day to grab a bag and take a long walk looking for garbage which was really great.
Big thanks to Dick from the NLFT who showed up on a mission to save a lot of us from flat tires and ruptured pontoon bladders. Dick raked up the dirt at the boat launch and used a strong magnet on a pole to snag nails, screws, staples and who knows what else that was just waiting there for an accident to happen. Dick definitely deserved the $150 worth of Superfly tying materials he got for a prize.
We will likely do this again in a few years. I know that the perimeter of the lake was in really good shape as far as trash went but perhaps the next one will be more of a work day where we do some really good clearing of the heavy growth around the signage. It's a pretty wild jungle in some of those spots.
So thanks again to the few that came out.
Cheers
J

Sorry I couldn't make it out had my days screwed up and ended up at a birthday party for the Grandson.

Will make it out for the next one with any luck. By then the browns should be big and fiesty.

Joe thanks for the vise will be using this week at the club.

Tight lines Always

Dennis S

A BIG Thanks to all that came out to help, as I said my day was busy . Good on you Dick and Thanks for removing all that cuts our precious floaters :clapping:. With work as it is, I will be lucky to get out fishing for 2 weeks. Thanks again :clapping: