Arctic Graying #2

dipperdan

Hello All,

How"s the fishen? It appears the water levels come down and the rains come , again, go figure.

My thoughts early in the year were to have 3 Grayling claves .

Arctic Graying Clave #2 Aug 17,18,19th camping at Wolf Lake

I have booked sites 10 ( inside of ring ) and 11 ( 11 is by the water ) there are some other sites open 13, 14 outside of ring , they are around the corner and by the marsh.You can pre book at ( Rolf , 1-780-621-6311,let him know you are with the Graying survey, $25.00 a night and you have to buy your wood,

Please , let me know if you are planning to attend, Saturday night we will have a potluck, We will have to organize that so to have a good variety of food.

Is anyone interested in doing a Grayling Fly swap or have any other ideas.Previous Claves I have attended , participants would bring a favourite taste of Scotch for others to sample, we could do similar . Should be great dry fly time.....

Dan

Grayling survay weekend (14).JPG

So far, Scott Short and I, David Parker are planning on being in attendance. Overall sounds like a great idea. The way I read your post, we have to book a site with the contact listed. Your other ideas are really exciting, refreshments, fly swap, lies.....

David Parker

Please provide me with your phone number and any other details which I should have.

. Your other ideas are really exciting, refreshments, fly swap, lies.....

David Parker

Lies?!!? I don't think I heard a single lie on the last trip. Then again, may have had something to do with the rum..... Oh...maybe I was the one telling them? :P

QT

Hello Gary.

The claves I have attended had the swap for the people attending as a bonus for attending the clave. So thanks for your idea, but I think we will stay as is.

And speaking of Swaping flys , Please let us know whom, will attend , because that way we know how many flys we each have to tie and what you are tying . Also tie one extra to donate to the club for a future fund raiser.

Thanks

Dan

Fly Swap for attendies

1 - DipperDan- Bibio

2- Paul F - Elkhair Caddis

3-Micheal D-Norm's All Purpose Nymph

4-Quinten T- G's Wolly worm

5-Snow wolf- Fly Tocome?

6-David Taylor- Catches Fish?

7-Scott Short- Um Yummy?

Sorry guys won't be able to make will be on the road headed home from BC that weekend. Next one or maybe put something together for Little Smoky in Mid Sept. I will take a look at Smoke lake camp ground to see what's it's like.

Let me know if there interest in a Little Smoky Clave (Dan I hope I can enlist you to help)

Tight lines Always.

Dennis S

...I am looking forward to the outing...am trying my darnedest to get the wife (Heather) out...I still have two and a half weeks to work on that...I have one fly tied up so far...how many do we have to tie?...I plan on tying at least a dozen or so anyways...

Ok, so, those of you ,whom are thinking of coming out , Please let me know. We have to plan for food and swap numbers, so far there are 3 of us. If that is all we will cancell the clave and just fish. Thanks for your input.

Dan

...is there anyone else coming out to the clave at Wolf Lake to fish for grayling at Dismal Creek? The more the merrier...plus we are holding a fly swap for participants showing up and if there is enough interest, there will be a pot luck supper get together Saturday night...stories will be and I mean will be told...and spirits :drinked: will be consumed...

...the last clave was a blast...looking forward to this one too...

...as Dan is hosting the swap, he needs to know how many people will be showing up...

Heather and I are making arrangements for this. Looks like we'll have to bring both children, which means she'll be stuck parenting, and I'll be stuck fishing on my own.

Now...I need to call Rolf and book my site. I can't remember which I ended up with last time...

QT

Here are the Swap Flys for this " Grayling Clave # 2 "

Fly Swap for attendies

1 - DipperDan- Bibio

2- Paul F - Elkhair Caddis

3-Micheal D-Norm's All Purpose Nymph

4-Quinten T- G's Wolly worm

5-Snow wolf- Fly Tocome?

6-David Taylor- Catches Fish?

7-Scott Short- Um Yummy?