Dave Hughes Todd Oishi Coming To Town

DennisS

Just a reminder Jan 15 & 16 Northern Lights Fly tyers TU edm Chapter Will be having Dave Huges and Todd Oishi at the Main Campus Grant MacEwan 104 Ave & 106 St Rm 2-212. $50. for the weekend ticket & $30 for a oneday ticket. Coffee will be severed. :coffeetime:

Fantastic price along with 2 of the best presenters and a great cross section of flyfishing, both Streams & Lakes.

Tickets can be purchased at all Fishing Holes. Fishing Centre & all Whole Sales Sports. Tickets also at the door.

See you all there.

Tight Lines Always

Dennis S :fishing::fish_jump:

Time for a last minute reminder.

The Dave Hughes and Todd Oishi two day seminar starts tomorrow at 9 am at Grant MacEwan main campus room 5-212

Single day tickets are $30 or both days for $50

Don't miss an experience with two excellent fishermen and presenters

We'll have coffee on and lots of raffle items for you

Edited by dave robinson

Alas, the road conditions won't allow me to travel for the seminars. Have fun y'all. I know you will get a wealth of info from Todd. I'm sure Dave is no slouch either!

One fantastic show. Both Dave & Todd did a great job. The Knowldege that these two men presented on the weekend was almost mind boggling. Dave helped simplifing stream fishing and Todd give us a new insight into what a fish sees and how to fish some of our lakes better.

I want to thank Both Dave and Todd for being sure great presenters and a big hand to all who help. I don't want to start mentioning names as for sure I will forget some one.

Again a Great weekend.

Tight Lines Always

Dennis S

Agree entirely - it was the most informative and useful fishing seminar I have ever attended. Todd opened up a whole new world for me on trout fishing and fly tying. Many thanks to those who put so much of their time and effort into arranging this past weekend, looking after the speakers, getting the coffee and timbits etc. - Dennis and Barry in particular I know - and also Ken for his technical help, Bowriver Barry for his recording of the presentations, Merv for keeping track of the $$, Emmerson for running the raffle, and I'm sure others.

I'm sure there will be many follow up questions for Todd especially - he did extend an invitation for us to email him. Perhaps for his sake we should coordinate questions to him through one person. I'd be quite willing to do that - I plan to email him anyway so if you'd like to send questions through me let me know and I'll consolidate the questions and responses and get them out to one and all asap.

Don Andersen emailed me this excerpt from the book that Todd mentioned 'Trout and Ultraviolet Vision' by Reed Curry:

Trout see a world invisible to man -- the world of ultraviolet light.

You can now meet them in that world. Through abundant photographs and clear text the author illuminates the remarkable distinctions between the vision of man and the broader vision of trout, revealing for the first time flies, fly tying materials, and insects in both visible light and reflected ultraviolet light.

In this groundbreaking work, the author presents recent scientific discoveries in the understanding of trout vision and illustrates how these discoveries benefit the discerning scientific angler. Complementing the text and photos are the drawings and cartoons of Eric Reaves - longtime cartoonist for Jim Davis of the "Garfield" comic strip.

Amazon has a few copies left.

Peter

What a great couple of seminar days...had a hoot. Learned lots from Dave (got to love his small stream presentations) and Todd and with some good luck a lot of what I learned will be used this coming year....which as we all know is just around the corner...come on spring. I'm setting up my nymphing rigs now for my first trip down to the land of many streams.

My thanks go to all of those that helped out with a special thank you to Ken Monk who did an outstanding job with the visual techie stuff.

Outstanding couple of days.

Vince

I got me order of the New Scientific Angaling on order. Thanks Peter for the mention on the show. It sure was a wealth of information from 2 of the best in their field.

Again thanks to both Dave and Todd. We will for sure need to seem them again.

Tight Lines Always

Dennis S :fishing::fish_jump:

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for all of the positive feedback and for your kind words. I really appreciated the warm welcome and the opportunity to speak to and meet the members of your outstanding club. Meeting Dave was a great pleasure and quite an honour as well.

As promised, here's a link to the hemostat knots (Clinch and triple surgeon hemostat knots). I was shown these knots while I was fly fishing on the River Dee in North Wales a few years ago and demonstrate them at my seminars. This technique is a very practical and useful solution for times when your fingers are frozen and numb or for people who suffer from poor vision, finger dexterity or arthritis...

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=Toddoishi#grid/uploads

Cheers,

Todd