Crowsnest On The Solstice?

Jim Fox

OK, it was a pretty poor fishing year for me, overall. Fall has been plain cruddy for non-fishing-related reasons. Anyone interested in joining me for a winter solstice (20 December) fishing sojourn to the Crowsnest? Just the thing to make you forget that winter has just started.

Jim

As you may know, winter solstice Fishins have been held in previous years, and they can be a lot of fun. However, it all depends on the weather, and it can vary a lot from year to year. If memory serves correctly, 2007 was a really good year, 2008 was so so, and 2009 didn't happen because the river was mostly frozen over. You can see that with all this global warming, the trend has not been good. Anyway, I'll be there this year, if there's open water. In fact, I think I'll do some advance scouting tomorrow -- forecast is +14C :) . Terry

As you may know, winter solstice Fishins have been held in previous years, and they can be a lot of fun. However, it all depends on the weather, and it can vary a lot from year to year. If memory serves correctly, 2007 was a really good year, 2008 was so so, and 2009 didn't happen because the river was mostly frozen over. You can see that with all this global warming, the trend has not been good. Anyway, I'll be there this year, if there's open water. In fact, I think I'll do some advance scouting tomorrow -- forecast is +14C :) . Terry

YOU DURTY RAT, I'M GUNNA GET YU.........

Thanks Terry we all appreciate your scouting it turns use red with envy.............

Gunna try the Red Deer this weekend,then on call again..

Hope to see you at the Solstice

Dan

• 4 weeks later...

Just an update. If you have facebook, look here: http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/event.php?eid=164847451271

If you don't have facebook, we are going to meet at the Burmis Lake parking lot about 10, hoping to be on the river about 11. Here's a map & directions: http://www.crowfly.ca/leasemap.jpg

I think Al is coming from Saskatoon. Sure would be nice to have some of you NLFT&Fers down.

Jim

Wow, sure wish I could swing a trip and join you guys. I've seen pictures from past gatherings and they sure looked like fun. Hope the weather holds up for you guys. If memory serves me right...was there not a little kitty cat there last year.

Vince

Jim

I've not been able to do this trip in the past...way too many grandkids but Lord knows I'd love to be able to lay line on water. I wonder if those little beauties would come up for a dry?

Getting back to the kitty cat...I'm sure (though I could be wrong) that last year or it could have been the year before that one of the guys took a picture of kitty tracks. Got to love Mother Nature.

Hope you folks have a good time and a few pictures posted to our site would be appreciated.

Vince

Ha Vince your not going to let some little Kitty scare you off. Just carry a little Katnip problem solved. Just don't hang it around your neck the Kitty might think your a plaything then.

Jim good to hear from you again. How have things been. I like Vince wouldn't mind going but my luck it'll snow 17 ft and won't get home until 2010 some time.

Well best be going Talk to you later

Tight Lines Always

Dennis S :fishing::fish_jump:

• 2 weeks later...