Sage Zxl Fly Rod Lucky Draw

vince

Boys and Girls

Here's your chance to win a brand spanking new top of the line Sage Fly Rod.

At next weeks club meeting (April 9th) our club will be raffling off a primo fly rod....a Sage ZXL, 4 piece, 9 foot, 5 weight. Retail value of this beautifull rod is $739.95.

There will only be 100 tickets (ticket spots on a board) sold and each ticket will cost $10.00 each.

I have been put in charge of this raffle and as such I would like to see all tickets sold at next weeks meeting so we can draw the lucky ticket on the same night and the winner can leave with a brand new Sage Fly Rod. I know these tickets are going to sell real fast as I know a number of club members that are going to buy 3 to 5 tickets each. So you are not disapointed please make sure you arrive for the meeting early and get your tickets from me right away as this is a first come first serve basis.

See you at next weeks meeting.

Vince

Wooly

I think all of the tickets are going to go quick. I had coffee yesterday morning with 3 other club members and between the 4 of us 18 tickets will be gone at the start of the meeting. I urge everyone to get there early and see me right away. Man, can't wait to bring that beauty of a rod home.

Vince

Boys & Girls

It should be noted that this beautiful Sage ZXL was graciously donated by the kind folks at Sage USA. As my good fishing buddy Rick Lang says "go Sage or go home". Our thanks go out to Sage USA for allowing us this opportunity to raise funds for our club.

Vince

Dennis

As I mentioned this morning over coffee ....I've picked up a bunch of material to tye up a bunch of nymphs because as WE all know this is the year (perhaps) that I give nymphing a real go.

Now for the really good news ....the ZXL is perhaps one of the sweetest rods (besides the small stream TXL) that I've laid my hands on so I'm here to tell you that it is more of a dry fly rod then a nymphing rod. Sure hope I win.

Vince

Vince the key word is several but 3 nymph just won't cut it. What your saying is that the rod is an all round rod. That means it should be going to someone that has more than just 3 nymphs in his fly box.

Good Luck see you in the morning

see visa made a small move today. :clap:

Tight Lines Always

Dennis S :fishing::fish_jump:

Boys & Girls

I had a real hoot tonight selling the tickets for the Sage ZXL and I want to thank all who participated in this fund raising event and in particular those who did not mind getting pestered over and over again to buy tickets.

Thanks to all

Vince

Boys & Girls

I had a real hoot tonight selling the tickets for the Sage ZXL and I want to thank all who participated in this fund raising event and in particular those who did not mind getting pestered over and over again to buy tickets.

Thanks to all

Vince

Impressive sales for sure there Vince! You were well rewarded for it!

Congrats!

Of all the luck, Vince that Rod should have gone to someone who could really appreciated it.

That's a perfect prairie or little red deer river rod, to place a nymth and just where you want it on the edges of the foam.

I know, you don't know any thing about this, but who knows one these days you'll breakdown.

Any how it is a fine rod for a fine fellow.

K W

Do I appreciate it...for sure. Am I capable of its capibilites....we'll see but I'm going to have fun swinging that little beauty. You will no doubt be impressed with this...I tied up a nymph the other night...a Copper John. As with the other 3 nymphs in my nymph box the Copper John may see some duty. If truth be told I've got quite a list of nymphs to tye up and yes I will use them this year but only when drys don't work and streamers fail to bring up the boys.

Good fishing to you and Dennis this Sunday...catch a few for me and I want to see pictures.

Vince

Hey DipperDude

Yep, just one more. Funny thing is that as we were getting close everyone stepped up to the plate (yet one more time) so we could get the draw done the same night rather than going week by week to sell. Speaking of stepping up to the plate there was one person (ya know who you are Bill G.) that really stepped up to the plate and I'm glad that he one the second prize.

Vince

Vince:

You should really get an Islander Reel to match that Sage zxl rather than a Ross. Then you would be stylin'

Brian

So who is the lucky winner ? or is it still in the pot ??