Book Reprint

flyfish

A few day's ago I found out (most of you may be aware),

Alberta's Trout Highway - "Fishing the Forestry Trunk Road"

by Barry Mitchell will be in reprint, and delivery expected mid March when his annual magazine, the Alberta Fishing Guide goes on sale.

I bought this book in 2001 and thumbed through it at the time (yea! I only read for information). I am now actually reading it and boy there are some secrets in this one. This takes me back to early 90's, fishing the Eastern Slopes living out of a half ton and a wet tent, extreme fishing in those days. Barry can admit to that one as well as Micheal Dell. The forestry trunk road was the place of exploration for large trout. I plan to one again explore the old tracks this year.

This book will shed allot of light on our East Slopes trout streams, its worth a read before the season.

Roy...

Don't think the original is around any more, but you could get lucky. Searched on Amazon without luck. The revised copy should be out in about 3 weeks, and should be available at your local fly shop or at the Outdoor Show at the end of the month

Here's a review by Micheal Dell

http://www.epl.ca/EPLTheSourceArticle.cfm?article=V7-2/Trout

Roy is the book just a reprint or has he added to it sence the first additioin. I've got the first and it sure has lot of info and is a great read. As Mike says it's time to reread ::coffee:: before the new season gets started.

This books is a must book for your library

Tight Lines Always

Dennis S :fishing::fish_jump:

Roy is the book just a reprint or has he added to it sence the first additioin. I've got the first and it sure has lot of info and is a great read. As Mike says it's time to reread ::coffee:: before the new season gets started.

This books is a must book for your library

Tight Lines Always

Dennis S :fishing::fish_jump:

Hi Denis,

I am not sure if its just a reprint or there is added material, I would think there should be added changes to regulations as well as closures of watersheds. Would be interesting to see when it comes out or we could contact Mitchell. For me its a very interesting read, because of past expeditions on FTR. Will see you at the show...

Roy...

As mentioned at the last meeting, we have this book in our club library as well. I also spotted a new title in the DVD Library called 'Hoe to tye flies".

No, I didn't rent it.. maybe next time though. I think someone meant to title it "How to tye flies!" =)

In that case, I'll keep my eyes peeled :eek: any estimation of cost, out of curiosity.

Cost of the first was app. $27.00, with inflation maybe $30 - 35.00 by todays cost.

Roy..

The book is out available at the Fishing Hole for $35.00, can't see any new material, but I just had a quick brouse... they had a few Jack Dennis videos on sale for $14.00 as well.

Roy..

I hope to bump into Barry Mitchell and his son Matthew again up at Cold Lake (Maple Flag). Aye, Kevin Umbach and I did last summer, and sat in the back of his pick-up truck bed and watched fighter jets take off and land all day. In between, we gabbed about fishing... his book.. and magazine. Which reminds me I need to take him up on that Southern Alberta Trip this year. :)

Posted Image

Posted Image

http://flickr.com/photos/rangerbob/538456924/

Complete Sets:

http://flickr.com/photos/rangerbob/sets/72157600316843439/

PS - You and Scratch definitely needs to come this year, you never know, we might get to go play in a hanger full off F-18's again. :)

I hope to bump into Barry Mitchell and his son

PS - You and Scratch definitely needs to come this year, you never know, we might get to go play in a hanger full off F-18's again. :)

This is on my list of events this year, we should take it in...

Roy.