November 7th Meetng

dave robinson

This week you get a chance to watch and heckle your executive members

as we set ourselves up at various tables to tye a favorite pattern or two.

Bring your tying gear and tie along with us.

It will probably be more productive than watching another Oiler game on the tube.

I'll be tying a quill body PMD dun and Roman Scharabun's version called the RS quad

Guys

What a great meeting last night....I've never seen so many vice's at one time as I saw last night. Seemed to me that everybody was doing a tye of some kind....I even learned, thanks to Emmerson, the correct way to tye the Emmerson Nymph. Now all I need to do is to get into the zone to actually fish a nymph.

Vince

As a long time NLFTC member, it was really encouraging to be at the meeting last night.

Not only were there a bunch of flies being tied,

but the level of energy and conversation was higher than we've seen for years.

I did a straw poll of both long time and new members and without exception everybody had fun.

So the changes we've made, although seemingly small, are having a big positive effect.

The only surprising thing was how little I was heckled.

I look forward to the next meeting!

PS:

Vince, isn't it called the Emmerson Worm?

(or for those who don't recognise a bit of plagerism between friends, the Wiebe Worm)?

If we catch you with one of those on the hook, we might accuse you of fishing with worms.

Dave

Edited by dave robinson

I myself also being a long time member was amazed at the amount of vises :eek: we had last night. I haven't seen anything like that in 6 or 7 yrs. It was great to see. I enjoy myself last night very much. :coffeetime: Sessions like that has lot for both beginners & experince tiers. Lots of fellowship was had by and all alolng with some very good friendly heckling. In General a fun time.

We will diffenetly have a few more meetings like that.

Tight Lines Always

Dennis S :fishing::fish_jump:

Dave

Emmerson Worm, Wiebe Worm or Emmerson Nymph....not sure what to call this little beauty so I think I'll just wait for Emmerson to pick the correct name. I much prefer nymph to worm but hey its Emmerson's call.

As far as the lack of heckling...I can and will correct that during our next meeting....thanks for the reminder.

Vince