March 29th - April 1st Outdoor Show & Sale

RangerBob

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone see the Edmonton Sun paper today? I think on about page 3 or 4 the club was mentioned in there along with a photo of a cute kid focused on tying up a Fly. I won't be buying any new rods this year, seeing as I just bought a new 4x4 tackle box on wheels instead.

I managed to make it for the last hour yesterday. I NEEDED wading boots and fluorocarbon tippet. I WENT HOME WITH: a new G-Loomis GL3 5 wt, Korkers wading boots, and an internal frame backpack from Camper's Village. Why oh why do I go to these events :D Like being a kid in a candy store I tell you...especially the amazing discounts on rods at the Fishin Hole. A GL3 that I was looking at for 2 years for 40% off was just too much to pass up. Now I need to justify where I'm going to use it this year lol. :lol:

My buddy Brent picked up a 2pc 7weight TF TiCR for $125.00 (50% off). I checked them out and there was only one left last night. Other weights are 40% off. they discontinued the 2pc I guess and only make 4pc now.

Cheers,

Doc

My buddy Brent picked up a 2pc 7weight TF TiCR for $125.00 (50% off). I checked them out and there was only one left last night. Other weights are 40% off. they discontinued the 2pc I guess and only make 4pc now.

Cheers,

Doc

Doc, it was good seeing you down at the show this weekend. Yeah, I wanted to get the 2 wt. Temple Fork myself, but they had no decent 2 wt reels or lines in stock.

Opted to go with Hodgman Breathable waders and a new Columbia fishing vest instead.

...ya, I managed to spend a little bit of money on some toys...got me a couple of fly rod cases...picked me up a shakespeare flueger purist 8 wt fly rod, matches my 6 wt that I already have...and I was the lucky recipient of the TFO signature series 6 wt fly rod at the Lloyd Shea raffle...well, technically it cost me forty dollars... :clap: ...

...so I'm a wee bit more prepared this year...

...now on to posting some pictures from the show...