Looking for Fishing Partner(s)

James

I am looking to do some fishing with someone that I can learn from. My fly fishing skills are very basic and I would like to learn as much as possibly. I mostly fish from shore but I do have a canoe I can use, I should be doing a lot of fishing from it this year. I am up for fishing anywhere in around an hour and half from Edmonton maybe more on some days. Anyone will to take me under their wing? I will be at the meeting on Wednesday.

I am looking to do some fishing with someone that I can learn from. My fly fishing skills are very basic and I would like to learn as much as possibly. I mostly fish from shore but I do have a canoe I can use, I should be doing a lot of fishing from it this year. I am up for fishing anywhere in around an hour and half from Edmonton maybe more on some days. Anyone will to take me under their wing? I will be at the meeting on Wednesday.

James, you should consider joining us all up at Dolberg next month if you can swing the time off. Muir lake will be opening soon... not soon enough from the sounds of things. Yes, just 7 short days away! :lol:

Posted Image

http://www.flyangler.ca/index.php?option=c...d=144&Itemid=31

Edited by RangerBob

What kind of fly fishing will most likely be used at that time? What flies should I stock my box with?

Pontoon boats, float tube, or other flotation -- in either sinking or floating lines (i.e. Chronomid Fishing and Trolling). You can also cast from shore and catch fish as well.. Ian Borg did that last year.

Standard range of Western Trout Flies will work (i.e. Caddis, Adams, etc).

Edited by RangerBob

James you have come to the right page. Members will periodically post that their going fishing and anyone that wants to come along meet at a certian place. Then head out. It could be lake or stream fishing. Keep and eye on the web page or a lot of times someone will mention at the club that there heading somewhere and wanting to know who want to go.

I hope that helps

Tight Lines Always

Dennis S :fishing::fish_jump: