Western Canadian Fly Fishing Exposition

RangerBob

The NLFT&F will be down in Calgary once again this weekend helping to teach kids and the general public visiting at the show how to tye flies. Swing by and visit our booth, and thanks to Super Fly for donating the tying materials to us this year.

As well, there will be three tying shows happening that people can register to get one-on-one tying instruction. More details will be posted tonight.

Dates: February 3rd to 5th, 2006

Friday: Noon to 9:00pm

Saturday: 10:00am to 7:00pm

Sunday: 10:00am to 5:00pm

Visit the shows website to have a look at the long list of presenters, demonstrations & workshops. See you there!

http://www.flyfishingevents.com

Edited by RangerBob

Eighteen :clap: people signed up to assist at the show in Calgary. This does not include the Fly Angler.Ca The input from Edmonton to the show is major.

The hotel of choice this year is Days Inn just off 16 Ave. and Barlow. I'm sure that the after show conversations over the odd bottle of scotch will be as humorous as it has been the past couple of years. :cheers:

A special Thank You for the following people who assisted at the show

Pauline and Frank Huss, Rod Carlson, Rick Lang, Barry White, Ron Hagen, Les Campbell, Doug Fong, Terry Hrudey, Doug Comeau, Bill Gouge, Dave Murray, Dan Tulik, Dennis Southwick and Bill Lee. Also to members with Flyangler.ca

who assisted Jack Dennis: Lance, Scratch, Alex and Darren.

:cheers: You have all represented our club well once again. Northern Lights continues to amaze the rest of the fly fishing community.

Job well done, congratulations everyone. :clap::clap::clap:

A special Thank You for the following people who assisted at the show

Pauline and Frank Huss, Rod Carlson, Rick Lang, Barry White, Ron Hagen, Les Campbell, Doug Fong, Terry Hrudey, Doug Comeau, Bill Gouge, Dave Murray, Dan Tulik, Dennis Southwick and Bill Lee. Also to members with Flyangler.ca

who assisted Jack Dennis: Lance, Scratch, Alex and Darren.

:cheers:  You have all represented our club well once again. Northern Lights continues to amaze the rest of the fly fishing community.

Job well done, congratulations everyone. :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

Ditto that!

Thanks to all in the NLFTF that worked so hard and travelled far to represent the club. Know that there is no animosity, the past is the past, and Jack graciously donated to the club a copy of every one of his DVDs to the club library.

From us at Flyangler.ca it was like a "coming out party" and we were blown away by the reception we got at the show. Jack was most impressed by the activities of both organizations from Edmonton.

I look forward to tonight's first new executive meeting -- there is much to discuss -- and be shared on Wednesday nights meeting I am certain.

To those list of names above that did not get hooked up with a Flyangler.ca hat down at the show -- please email me and we will take care of yah on Wednesday night.

:thumbup:'s up from Jack to y'all!

post-27-1139251340_thumb.jpg

Edited by RangerBob

Vicious Rumor: Les Campbell wins big at Calgary Show

1-Single pontoon boat

2-Double pontoon boat

3-Bow River Float trip

4-Gold River Float trip c/w 3 nights accomodation

Life is just not fair.

Not fair is right. <_< That guy seems to win everything....

Great Job on the weekend from all of the members that came down. I think it's great that the club is willing to donate their time to help promote fly fishing and tying to those who come down to the show. You guys get a pat on the back from me. :clap:

Keep it up :)

Vicious Rumor: Les Campbell wins big at Calgary Show

1-Single pontoon boat

2-Double pontoon boat

3-Bow River Float trip

4-Gold River Float trip c/w 3 nights accomodation

Other than me, I can't think of anyone who I would rather see win. If the rumour is true (would Brian mislead us?), well done Les :clap::clap: Need any partners for those float trips :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: ????

Terry

I too want to say 2 thumbs up for the members that organized this and who maned the booths. well done guys. To Les hope the pain has gone away. He sure looked like death warmed over I heard it my have been something he :drinked::drinked:

As for the beginners course they went will but very low attendance. The ones that were there went away very satisfied. Maybe some how get the event organizers to maybe push more for the beginners.

Thanks to Brian B. & Dave M. for organizing and preparing for the Beginner tying.

Tight Lines Always

Dennis S :fishing::fish_jump:

Meanwhile.. back at the hotel. Honest... it's not a Brokeback moment. But.. we couldn't get Jack's DVD to play. So.. we had to watch TV instead. A special about the "Grizzly Man"... and later that evening.. someone woke us up snoring like one.

Posted Image

Edited by RangerBob