F.E.S.A. Silent Auction & Dance

Doc

A silent auction will be held on Saturday May 14 at the Blantchford Hanger in Fort Edmonton Park. This event is sponsored by the four fishing clubs that make up the Fishery Enhancement Society of Alberta (FESA): The Northern Lights Fly Tyers & Fishers, Trout Unlimited (Edmonton chapter), Edmonton Trout Club and the Edmonton Old-timers Fishing Club.

FESA is now looking for a second Muir style lake on the east side of Edmonton and are collectively soliciting your support.

Date: Saturday May 14, 2005.

Time: 7:00pm

Cost: $10.00 per ticket.

Venue: Silent Auction, late lunch and dance featuring live band.

Place: Blantchford Hanger in Fort Edmonton Park.

For tickets please phone Brian Bleackley at (780) 718-1428.

Edited by Doc

A silent auction will be held on Saturday May 14 at the Blantchford Hanger in Fort Edmonton Park.  This event is sponsored by the four fishing clubs that make up the Fishery Enhancement Society of Alberta (FESA):  The Northern Lights Fly Tyers & Fishers, Trout Unlimited (Edmonton chapter), Edmonton Trout Club and the Edmonton Old-timers Fishing Club.

FESA is now looking for a second lake on the east side of Edmonton and are collectively soliciting your support with ticket purchasing ($10.00 per ticket) as well as goods and services of items with a value of $20.00 or more that may be auctioned to raise funds for a new lake as well as to help with aeration and power costs at Muir Lake.

Date: Saturday May 14, 2005.

Cost:  $10.00 per ticket.

Venue:  Silent Auction, late lunch and dance featuring live band.

Place: Blantchford Hanger in Fort Edmonton Park.

Just to add some fun to the FESA silent auction we are going to be holding a casting contest at the south side Fishing Hole.If you purchase a ticket for the FESA you will have a chance to cast a fly rod to compete for some prizes (if you choose).Three categories Novice,Beginner,Advanced.There will be 25.00 gift cerificates for the top three qualifiers in each category, a pair of Korker wading boots for the winner in advanced, an Air Flo flyline for intermediate, and a measure net for beginner.The final "cast off will be at the auction on May 14,2005.The top three qualifiers will be notified on May 12,2005.The focus is more on the fun than the competion, so come in and give it a try. All casting will be done with a St.Croix Imperial 9'-5wt with the new Air Flo Chalkstream line.

I will have another print and some swap flies for the auction this year. Whom do I see Doc about giving it to this year? Likely bring by on Wednesday night to the meeting.

Oh yeah, last nights TUC's slient auction at the Westin was fantastic! Thanks to all who donated their time, their talents, and their money to the cause.

Lance

Edited by Doc

Brian is taking care of that. Thanks in advance for the donation Lance. Once we get that lake going east of Edmonton, I'll never see you at Muir again :( or should it be :clap: Nah, I'll go with :(

Cheers :cheers:

Doc

Once we get that lake going east of Edmonton, I'll never see you at Muir again :(  or should it be  :clap:

You know it buddy! ;) Make it nice and close to my house (and how do I get on the selection comittee.. love to VOLUNTEER my time for that!). ;) In any event, you know I'll pull VOLUNTEER watch duty and help out with areators and such where I can.

Actually, Cardiff is nice and quiet these days (but sussshhh... don't tell anyone). I expect it to be doubly so after May 1st.

Thanks, will bring my auction stuff into Brian.. and my Barry White float trip money to other Brian. (Too many Brians!).

:clap:

Also you have a chance to bid on the now rare first day of issue cover, and a Brian Chan signed 8 stamp set. I had him sign six sets of these down in Calgary, it was first time he'd ever seen them.. and so far as I know the only signed copies in circulation today.

http://forum.nlft.org/index.php?act=Search...highlite=stamps

post-27-1114491092_thumb.jpg

This event is coming up real soon folks so please see Brian or Michael Dell about your tickets. It's only $10.00 a ticket and it includes a late lunch and a live band. The money raised will be used to start up another Muir Lake east of Edmonton :clap: .

Cheers :cheers:

Doc

When is the start time on this thing? The CURRENT newsletter states 6 AM... "I'm sorry Dave... I can't do that." (ala a broken HAL 9000 voice.)

As there was no mention of a start time on this post either, you might want to update and also mention at the meeting tonight. I assume it's correct on the tickets.. dunno haven't checked yet.

No times listed in the on-line EVENTS calendar either!?

http://nlft.org/events.php?event=77

post-27-1115839011_thumb.jpg

A great event, thanks to all who put it together.

Here are some random candid shots I took during the event to share:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/rangerbob/sets/349128/show/

Dave, feel free to include any shots you want to for the newsletter next month.

Mike Dell,. did I win the auction on Don Meredith's book? Lemme know how much and I will bring money to the meeting if you gots it?

RangerBob

Good shots of the auction - I for one had a great time...sat outside for the longest time with brewski in hand and chatted with a whole bunch of people.

The event was well done and my thanks to all that made it happen..job well done. The band did a great job - some good old music to calm the soul.

I don't know about you but I would have thought that we would have had more club members attending this function... or maybe they were there and I was having to much fun to notice.

I got real lucky and managed to be the winning bidder on two packs of the swap flies...and I got to tell you that I think all of the flies were well tied ( way better than I could ) and are now in my vest. I also managed to be the winner on a couple of fly lines - I think I scooped Terry on one of them....or maybe he just wanted me to bid higher...now I'm not sure.

It was a good time and again thanks to all

Vince